penguine

penguine
funny bird

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Storm hits Mcmurdo Station

Monday afternoon the wind began to blow, and it did not stop intill wednesday!


I was digging this slope out when it began.  I was operating a 277 cat skidsteer.  You can see in the background the visibility is limited.


I will return to this site and capture the view on a clear day.  Also reveal the slope under the snow.  My machine broke down and i was transfered to a 950 loader.

Sydney, you are the best daughter ever!  Keep making comments about being thin and looking good!  Love you syders... 
tuesday we stayed in the office because the visibility was zero or whiteout.

today went to airfield to get the d6 and saw a few planes.





2 hercs, 2 baslers, 4 c31s

On the way back in I had a great view of the station and Mt Eribus behind to the north.



and then, along came a spider, no its a helicopter!


this is how they move cargo to the campsites around antarctica.

Enjoy Ian!




4 comments:

  1. very interesting! the pictures are so sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the helicopter. We wish a helicopter would come when I called for food

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is probably my favorite post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad this is too cool! I haven't checked out your blog for awhile :( love you. -Morgan

    ReplyDelete