penguine

penguine
funny bird

Saturday 15 October 2011

initial broadcast

hello from the bottom of the world, and the sun does not stop shinning.  all is good on this sunday mourniing 0900. I believe it is 1500 0r 3:00 pm at hame.   I will put photos ujp as I accumulate.  The landscape is amazing.  The weather is extreme and sponatneous.  there are days you can wlak outside with a jacket and cap and times of ultra cold wind chills 50 below zero on the same day!   The most impressive visual is Mt Eribus, the active valcanoe that towers over us.  Mc urdo sit on a sound wtapped with mountains.  We have a sea port inwhich we are building an ice-pier.  The pier will support cargon vessels a nd a fuel vessel.  the sound will be maintained by a Russian Icebreaker.  There are seals and penguins on the ice, but they are to far to capture a good photo right now.  Hope to get opportunities.  Thanks for checking on me.  I will try to update a couple of times a week

No comments:

Post a Comment